mercredi 20 mai 2009

Singapore Day!

The story of how we got to Singapore Day is one that would compel anyone(but the three of us) to slap us for being so nonsensical. To make it short- after missing trains, losing tickets, alot of running, and very good humour at our self-created mess, we got to Hampton Court Palace, cursing the government for choosing such a ridiculously faraway location(stunning nonetheless) and laughing at our own misfortunes. We were there for all of twenty minutes in our attempt to prevent the rest of our tightly packed schedule from railroading as had the first half of our day. Of course lady luck had other plans for us and our entire day more or less ran off the tracks, but it was probably the best day of our entire trip! Thank goodness for being able to laugh at ourselves!

Photobucket
Singapore Day 2009, in London!

Photobucket
Too...tired... to.. run...any..more.
Sumi: "Let's just cut our losses now and head back before we're late for the musical!!
Shanta and Devi: " NO!!!! We've come so far!!! I want to eat char kway teow!! Come on we can do this!!!"

Photobucket
QUICK!! Photo moment! WE DON'T HAVE TIME!! *smiles*

Photobucket
Oh crap. Time is ticking.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Welcome to Singapore Day! You have 10 minutes before the train leaves!

Photobucket

Photobucket
"Okay, let's split up, grab as much food as we can and get out of here. Objective: FOOD. and then RUN"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The girls get out first, while I'm still in the Satay Queue, determined to get my ten sticks of Chicken and Mutton Satay.

I get to the front of the queue, and they're serving out free portions(!!) but only one portion per person!!!
With doe eyes, I ask the Satay Man, "Please sir, can I have more than one portion?"
"Sure, you can get two!" YES!
I grab the food and run out in disbelief to catch up with the rest.

Photobucket
HAHAHHAHAA. It's one stick a person! I'm sorry I ate the other stick while I was run-laughing out of the garden!

In the end we missed the train anyway, and were late by fifteen minutes for the musical(Hair Spray) but got let in anyway. I then proceeded to leave my Singapore Day goodies, and all my written and stamped postcards in the theatre, only to realise this at the postbox outside the Natural History Museum we proceded to after, only to find that it was already closed. -_-

Photobucket
If we got one thing right that day, it was getting to our Singaporean restaurand.
"Kiasu" and Bayswaters.

Photobucket
I got to eat my Char Kway Teow. The food was AMAZING. teh peng. *salivates*

Photobucket

Photobucket
My lovely Ang Mohs getting a taste of awesomeness. The loved it!

Photobucket
And it was a great dinner meeting up with some KL relatives!

Photobucket

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire